Adelaide: Capri Theatre

Country: Australia
State: South Australia
City: Adelaide
Location: Goodwood, 141 Goodwood Road

Cinema, opened Oct 1941 as "Star Theatre" (1472 seats). 1964 renamed "New Curzon". 1967 renamed "Cinema Capri". 1978 bought by the Theatre Organ Society of Australia, re-opened as "Capri Theatre." 1983 installation of a 29-rank Wurzlitzer theatre organ.

Links: capri.org.au, Wikipedia, AusStage

[Adelaide: Capri Theatre (Goodwood)] Front Text: "Greetings from the Capri Theatre"
Reverse Text: "The Console and illuminated chambers of the Capri Theatre's four manual, sixteen rank Theatre Pipe Organ, which will finally be a twenty two rank instrument. Inaugural organ concert was held on 2nd April 1983. Capri Theatre, 141 Goodwood Road, Goodwood, South Australia 5034"
Publisher: Terry Castle & Co., Adelaide; TC 1002
Size: Modern
Not sent.

[Adelaide: Capri Theatre (Goodwood)] Front Text: "Capri Theatre Goodwood S.A."
Reverse Text: "The Organ Console and Grand Piano at the Capri Theatre. Seen in the background are various pipes in the main chamber. Chrysoglott and Toy Counter are unenclosed and mounted on the front of the chamber. Capri Theatre, 141 Goodwood Road, Goodwood, South Australia 5034"
Publisher: Terry Castle & Co., Adelaide; TC 1001
Size: Modern
Not sent.

[Adelaide: Capri Theatre (Goodwood)] Reverse Text: "The Organ Console mounted on its lifte, Centre Stage, at The Capri Theatre. Originally The Slave Console in The State Theatre, Melbourne, the Console has 268 tabs and 60 pre-set pistons. Capri Theatre, 141 Goodwood Road, Goodwood, South Australia 5034"
Publisher: Terry Castle & Co., Adelaide; TC 1000
Size: Modern
Not sent.


To CARTHALIA Homepage.