|Cobourg: Victoria Hall|
Location: West Cobourg, 55 King Street
Town hall and culture center, built 1856-1860 by Kivas Tully. Opened 6 Sep 1860 by Prince Edward (the future King Edward VII). Named in honour of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom. Major renovations in the 1970s. The complex includes a Concert Hall, council chambers and the Art Gallery of Northumberland.
Picture: Concert Hall before the 1970s restorations|
Reverse Text: "Opera House in Victoria Hall. Built in the nineteenth century. One of many tourist attractions of Cobourg, Ontario"
Publisher: World Wide Sales Agencies, Snowdon, Montreal; LV-437
Type: Divided Back
To CARTHALIA Homepage.