|Santiago de Chile: Teatro Municipal|
City: Santiago de Chile
Built 1853-1857 by Francisco Brunet de Baines and Augusto Charme in co-operation with Charles Garnier. Opened 17 September 1857 with Verdi's "Ernani". Destroyed by a fire on 8 December 1870 that broke out during a concert of the opera singer, Adelina Patti. Subsequently rebuilt largely to the original plans. Re-opened 16 July 1873 with Verdi's "La Forza del Destino". Declared a National Monument in 1974. Main auditorium: 1500 seats, concert hall "Sala Claudio Arrau": 250 seats.
Front Text: "Santiago, Teatro Municipal"|
Type: Undivided Back
Front Text: "Santiago - 'Teatro Municipal'"|
Publisher: Almacen de Musica Carlos Friedemann
Type: Divided Back
Front Text: "Santiago, Vista nocturna del Teatro Municipal"|
Publisher: Village Ltd., Santiago de Chile
Sent: from Santiago de Chile to Wuppertal (Germany), 1985
To CARTHALIA Homepage.