Weimar: Weimarhalle (old)

Country: Germany (Deutschland)
State: Thüringen
City: Weimar
Location: Unesco-Platz

Built 1931-1932 as a multi-purpose hall by Max Vogeler und Günther Vogeler. Opened 1932. The complex contained two adjoining halls (with 2000 and 500 seats respectively), and a chamber music hall. 1945-1948 used for theatre performance by the "Deutsches Nationaltheater" companies. 1948-1974 used as a casino by the Soviet Army. Since 1974, operated by the city of Weimar. Used for congresses and concerts. 1995-1997 major rebuilding and modernization by Wuttke/Ringhof, stopped 1997 after the collapse of important parts of the building due to severe structural problems. Remains demolished in 1997.

[1997-1999 the new congress and concert hall "Congress Centrum Neue Weimarhalle" was built on the site.]

[Weimar: Weimarhalle (old)] Front Text: "Weimarhalle"
Publisher: Franz Richter, Weinböhla-Dresden; Nr. 329
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Weimar to Hildesheim, 1940

[Weimar: Weimarhalle (old)] Front Text: "Weimar, Weimarhalle"
Publisher: Graphische Kunstanstalt Löffler & Co., Greiz
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Weimar to Frankenthal, 1942

[Weimar: Weimarhalle (old)] Front Text: "Weimarhalle"
Publisher: Keyser'sche Buchhandlung, Erfurt; Nr. W 161
Type: Divided Back
Size: Classic
Sent: from Weimar to Kornwestheim, 1947

[Weimar: Weimarhalle (old)] Front Text: "Weimarhalle"
Publisher: Verlag A. Spieler, Weimar
Type: Real Photo
Size: Classic
Not sent.


To CARTHALIA Homepage.